Learn how to Increase Facebook likes organically with my special guest, Holly Homer
as she discusses how she's built her Fan Page to over 600,000 Likes with over 70% engagement.
Show Notes – Increase Facebook Likes Organically:
- Guest – Holly Homer
- Where you can reach Holly
- FanPage – https://www.facebook.com/QuirkyMomma
- Children's Blog – http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/
- Business Blog – http://business2blogger.com/
- Book – 101 Kids Activities That Are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!: The Entertainment Solution for Parents, Relatives & Babysitters!
- Stuck at around 10-13k fans for a year and half then a couple months later crossed 50k fans to prepare for book launch.
- Facebook Fan Page Likes for Quirky Momma as of August 4, 2014 (organically grown)
- Any interaction with post is good. (read more, like, comment, share, click through…)
- Define what is “REACH” – Exposure Number (Facebook Math)
- Increase facebook like reach by monitoring your exposure number per post.
- The A-ha Moment – When another page was taking her content (without credit) but Holly noticed the content was going viral = Here Content has viral upside
- Be a reporter, A Television channel. Even if it's 70% other peoples content. They will come back
- Current posting schedule: 15x per day (changes depending on insights data)
- Monetization – Primarily on blog
- Sharing other FanPages – Check their talking about… not total likes.
- Not using Hashtags
- 3rd party software – doesn't use them
- Facebook loves Facebook – Upload videos, send traffic to Facebook, engage on Facebook
Want To Apply What You Learned to Be Job Free?
Here is my personal process and how I retired from Engineering using Social Media
James · February 18, 2015 at 12:18 pm
Fantastic information. Great interview, with positive results impacting tips.
Lawrence Tam · February 19, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Donna Harris · December 26, 2014 at 7:59 am
WOW, LT this was an awesome podcast. My avatar is aging parents and adult children caregivers and this has opened up my eyes. Holly has made this so much clearer for me. Thank YOU.
Ken Barrett · September 22, 2014 at 2:04 pm
There was some great information in the podcast. I would have liked to hear a few more technical details.
Holly explained how she could tell exactly when Facebook changed their algorithms as her posts wouldn’t hit the number she expected and she would make a couple of changes and be right back on top.
An example of the changes she made would have been great. I understand it is a moving target but an example of what she was doing and what she changed would be some great insight into what to look for and how to better understand your own numbers.
Lawrence Tam · September 22, 2014 at 6:43 pm
you can see the evolution of her facebook… some of it came with frequency but then again she also removes posts that don’t hit marks… only so much you can pack in a 1hr interview 😉
Leah Lambart · September 18, 2014 at 8:10 pm
These are some great tips! I can’t wait to implement them. It’s super frustrating to look and see the reach so low, and it seems like fb wants you too pay for reach.
Shakira Abdul-Ali · September 18, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Outstanding! I’ll be listening to this one a few more times! Powerful info! Thank you!
Alecia Stringer · September 17, 2014 at 2:36 pm
Love this recording! I’ve listened several times and always find new insights I an apply. Thanks!