How to make money fast is at the forefront of many people’s minds. You don’t need to be in dire straits or a victim of the economic depression to be interested in how to make money fast.. Opportunities are nearly endless for those willing to do a little research and work to ensure their money-making ventures are a success. This article will examine several different income generating ideas that can help everyday people learn
I am including a list of companies that you can use, but please note: I do not personally endorse any of these companies. It is up to you to research them to see if they are a good fit.
Now let’s get down to business.
Read to the end to see the bonus infographic: 200 Ways to Make Money Online.
#1 How to Make Money Fast: Complete Needed Services
If you have a knack for performing a service that someone else needs, consider marketing your ability to others. Here are some ideas to get your started:
- Mechanical Turk – Amazon offers you a creative way to make some additional income by performing various tasks such as creating appropriate imagery for products on the site and writing descriptions of the products that the site has to offer. www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
- UserTesting.com is a great place for the techno-savvy. Developers need people to test their apps and websites. You use the app and give your opinion. Determine what portions of those sites may need a tweak or a boost to help the typical user navigate and understand the material. www.UserTesting.com
- Agent Anything, a site primarily made up of college students looking to offset their college bills, serve the public by running errands, street teams, temp workers, or beta testers for those in need of some youthful experience and fresh ideas. www.agentanything.com
- Elance, Fiverr, Freelancer, oDesk (now part of Elance) etc. (which was mentioned on my blog post -> How To Make Extra Money: The Unconventional Guide) Offer you the opportunity to list services you are willing to provide for a fee. You also have the opportunity to bid or place a quote on jobs you are able to complete for a client. If your service does not take a lot of time and effort to complete, it is how you can make money fast.
#2 How to Make Money Fast: Selling Hot Products
This infographic shows the number of people using mobile technology. This means that people not only shop on their computers, but they shop on their phones and tablets as well. Great for you, when you sell online – potentially more eyeballs on your merchandise in more places.
By the way, if you want to know how I learned how to make money fast, check out this guide.
- Selling Items in an Online Auction – Online auction sites like eBay, Beezid, Quibids, etc. accept nearly every product imaginable. From handmade items you create in your favorite hobbies to that piece of furniture that your ex stuck you with because it has lasted longer than your relationship, you can rid yourself of household clutter and find some extra cash to burn if you list those things that serve no purpose to you any longer.
- Sell Outdated Cellular Phones – If you bought the most recent upgrade of your cellular phone, you may be stuck with an old worn out model that you do not want or need any longer. If you don’t list it on the online auction sites above, places like Gazelle or NetWorth will buy your phone. If you wondered , this is a great way to do it!
- Use Garage Sales to free up the clutter around your house, earn additional income and put that money towards items you would really like to have. Craigslist is the best way to advertise your garage sale. (Just if you do personal sales make sure to go with a buddy just in case you do business with a wierdo)
- Consignment Shops permit you to sell gently used clothing, shoes and accessories and when the item sells, you earn some dough while someone else does the work!
- Sell Used books – Some places like Amazon, eBay and Half.com accept your used textbooks, so if you’re finished with college and needing to pay off those pesky student loans, the extra cash you can earn from getting rid of your college reference materials will help to ease your schooling’s financial burden. Some people go to thrift shops, find books and resell them online. Don’t do this without doing your research first.
- Recycling Scrap Metals can make you a nice chunk of change in a short amount of time. Items like old cars, outdated pipes from home remodeling projects, or loose metal you’ve kept stored in the back of your garage for years on end can help you to earn some quick cash and through recycling, you will help the planet as well. A true win-win situation.
- Selling Stock Photos is a booming online business opportunity. With many businesses needing stock images for their website and blog use, as well as their promotional materials, the ways to market your camera skills and make some additional cash are wide and varied. Stock image companies allow you to submit a portfolio and if your work is liked and accepted, they will license your image and pay you a fee. Other places, like Deviant Art allow photographers to sell prints of their images to the consumer for a set fee. All are ways to make some additional income.
- Etsy has grown to become THE go-to marketplace for creative individuals and clients looking to obtain crafty products for a price. The items you may list on Etsy range from artwork to handiwork like custom made wedding items to jewelry. If craft projects are something you enjoy, others may enjoy it as well, so consider listing your creativity for sale and you may rake in some dough in the process. www.Etsy.com
#3 How to Make Money Fast: Personal Errands and Caretaking
This info graphic from Care.com shows gives people ideas on how to free up their time by paying others to do their tasks for them. It also shows youby filling a need you have expertise in.
- Housesitting for out-of-town friends or neighbors or signing up on a website such as MindaHome.com will allow you to give some peace of mind to your vacationing or business traveling friends and neighbors. That alone will leave them more than willing to pay you for the fact you allowed them a stress-free vacation.
- Petsitting, as a business or for friends and neighbors, can turn into a profitable part-time business venture generating extra spending money for you and your family.
- Babysitting is a timeless job that is great for teens and responsible adults alike. Taking care of another family’s child, especially if you are older and have successfully raised your own children can help you recapture youthful moments. Sometimes, you can watch a couple of kids at your home. It is also nice for stay at home moms to earn extra money while caring for their own kids.
- Elder Care is a great option for both a lonely older person and you. Families often seek the support of a sitter for those times when their elderly relatives that have moved into their homes need some tender, loving care while their caregivers are at work. Some families require basic CPR knowledge; others do not, but if you enjoy the timeless stories of “back in the day,” and have respect for your elders then a job as a sitter for the elderly may be a great way for you to earn additional income.
#4 How to Make Money Fast: Rent Out Property
- Rent Your Parking Space – Vow to get some exercise and park further away from the building, while renting your closer parking to someone that may want it. If you have a co-worker that is recovering from injury or if your company does not have pre-designated parking for pregnant workers, then renting your parking space may be an option that is appealing to your co-workers to help them and you, when you make some additional cash and get some exercise too!
- Find a Roommate and Charge Rent – You can rent a room, or split an apartment and utilities. Some share an entire house and turn it into a commune, where everyone contributes positively to the living environment.
- Rent Your Home While You’re Away – If you are going to be away on business for awhile, vacationing abroad or are simply relocating for the winter, renting your home while you are away will help you to earn fast cash and ensure your home does not become unsettled with no one to occupy it.
#5 How to Make Money Fast: Labor
- Mowing Grass and/or raking leaves can turn into a wonderful second job if you are able to secure enough clients. At the cost of $25 to $50 per lawn in most areas today, it does not take very long for you to earn money fast.
- Shoveling Snow may be an appealing job you can perform to assist elderly relatives, friends or neighbors in your community. It is often difficult for older adults to safely brave the icy conditions each winter to clear their walkways and remove the snow accumulations that fall. They would be very appreciative and willing to help you earn quick cash by paying you to eliminate the risk.
- Cleaning Gutters is something that a lot of homeowners do not often think about until their gutters are totally clogged and in dire need of assistance. This is where your expertise and elbow grease can come to the rescue.
- Offering to Help Others Pack and Move – If you have experience moving (and most people do) you can help to alleviate the stress of a friend, co-worker or neighbor that might be relocating and offer your services for a fee.
- Cleaning Swimming Pools – if you own one and/or know a thing or two about them, can be a great idea for a part-time job if you are able to secure enough clients. There is some work involved but the ability to earn quick cash while being outdoors all day is a lucrative option for many, especially during the summer and in warmer climates.
- Power Washing Windows, Decks, etc. is especially popular in coastal climates where salt air tends to leave windows with a constant film and decks with grimy residue. If you own a power washer, this extra income potential may be just the thing for you.
- Cleaning Houses is how to make money fast if you have the time, tools and energy to do the job right. Society has gotten so busy that people are working longer hours at multiple jobs and sadly, maintaining a clean home often suffers as a result. If you have a knack for vacuuming, dusting, mopping and scrubbing, then providing this service to busy friends, neighbors and clients will help you to make money fast.
- Washing Cars can bring in as much as $10 per vehicle, maybe more if you charge higher for large trucks and sports utility vehicles.You’ll be outdoors and will make people happy when their once dusty cars are looking like new once again.
#6 How to Make Money Fast: Get Paid For Your Opinion
- Opinion polls and paid surveys from legitimate companies like My Survey and Survey Spot will pay you for your precious product and service opinions. Companies pay millions of dollars to know what their customers thin; if you complete enough surveys, you can quickly make money.
- Marketing Studies from reputable research firms allow consumers totest potential products and other new and improved offerings before they hit the marketplace.
- Secret Shopping through legitimate opportunities like Mystery Shopping Providers Association offer ways to make quick cash if you are certified to provide the service and are willing to take a job evaluating a business’s performance. With mystery shopping, you can also earn free products, get free trips, and be recompensed for going to movie theaters and amusement parks.
There are so many ways that the average person can focus on ways to create multiple streams of income.
Many of these ways, as you have seen, do benefit other people as well. Not every job requires a lot of time and effort. Some simply require knowledge, care and compassion for others with respect for a job well done.
If you perform any of these tasks well, it is likely that you will be asked to perform them again for your friends, family, neighbors or others in the community, giving you an even greater opportunity.
Learning how to make money fast can also get you started to making even better, longer-term income down the road.
Leave a comment, share this with your friends to help them get a better idea on how to make money fast from home.