What is a better way to know who Lawrence Tam really is? How about finding out weird and quirky things about me to see if I’m real enough for you 😉
Lawrence Tam – Retired Engineer at 33 and he prefers cheetos over ruffles potato chips
1) My middle name on my driver license is spelled incorrectly yet I’m too lazy to change it. No one knows the difference form “eu” and “ue” in a name. same difference
2) I gained 30 lbs over 3 months before starting varsity football. It wasn’t muscle cause I worked 12 hr shifts at my parents restaurant over that summer. lost 40lbs my freshman year. Most say it’s the freshman 15 to gain 15lbs. I lived with my brother off campus (never lived in a dorm) and walked ~ 1mile to my bus stop both ways everyday.
3) Dream job is to be a stay at home dad. I have been making strides to do this earning multiple streams of income from different sources of residual income and commissions.
Mission Accomplished 4/18/12 I left Mechanical Engineering for good (at the age of 33)
Now I get to work from home and teach people what I do doing weird stuff like this at a event with over 1,500 people
4) Played about every sport there was in middle school (tennis, track, football, basketball, baseball isn’t a real sport so i skipped it) and only football in high school yet I think my best sport is ping pong. Was on the swim team in elementary and not until recently did I realize my parents were cracking up every time I did the back stroke. Thanks Mom!
5) I got my driver’s license at 19 and my first car my sophomore year in college. Everyone and their moms (literally) drove me everywhere. I rode greyhound and public transportation a lot.
6) My eyesight with contacts last year was 550/450 and went to 450/400. I think it’s from eating better and taking more vitamins. I got lasik when I was 37
7) I have a fear of guns. In middle school someone named “Steven” let his idiot cousin handle his shotgun and it went off 2 feet from my foot. It blew a hole in his closet. Scared ever since.
8) I’m a born again Christian after I got medically discharged from the Marines with exercised induced asthma. I prayed everyday for God to save me from having to kill people (was going to artillery after my entrance test) and that the military was my parents dreams and not mine (they thought I wasn’t smart enough). During that time there were 2 wars that required reserved personnel to serve. If my country required my service fine, but I’m not going because my parents think I needed more discipline.
9) First time Jessica broke up with me I wanted to jump off of my friends roof, call him “Steven”, because I thought life was over and was done wrong.
10) I have duck feet. Like seriously wide.
11) I married my high school sweetheart who I initially met in middle school. She was in 8th grade and I was in 7th. What can I say, older women dig me.
12) My favorite animal is the hippo. Mainly because it can kill you so easily.
13) I have an extremely weak upper body. I have never benched over 210lbs yet I could squat over 465lbs. My incline max was 215lbs. I blame it on muscle fatigue since I get it worse than anyone I know.
14) My brain doesn’t retain lyrics. I can’t sing 99% of the songs most people would know easily. Children songs or Christmas songs – forget about it. Not sure what it is but my memory just can’t retain it. My daughter knows more songs by now and she’s 5!
15) As a child I had 2 silver caps over my top 2 teeth. Too much candy I guess and got made fun of like I was the James Bond Jaws dude.
16) I am a mac person. I hate troubleshooting pc machines but love teaching people about macs. I have 2 and gave my trusty imac to my inlaws.
17) I’m a HD snob. My eyes burn when I watch a movie in SD or tv shows in SD that I know is in HD.
18) I can’t speak Cantonese fluently mainly because when growing up my parents kept telling everyone I can’t speak but can only listen. My parents spoke more english to me than Cantonese for some reason.
19) My mom beat my arse one day cause I couldn’t use chopsticks correctly. I’m good now!
20) I have owned a BMW M3 (will never own a BMW again) and bought my first Porsche (Cayman S) before I was 40. My dad had a red 911 when I was growing up for a couple years and I’ve always wanted to own one before I got (old).
21) Smoked my uncle’s cigarette when I was young and felt like I was going to die. Little older smoked a newspaper rolled cigarette and main reason I never smoke. Drank my dad’s original coors beer when I was 8ish and I have never gained a taste for beer. Give me a zima any day
22) I turn red from one beer. I’m a cheap date. Asian drinking disease so I can’t help it. I’m just so efficient with my alcohol.
23) I sleep 5 hours a night on weekdays and my wife gives me a break and lets me sleep in on weekends. Took me a couple years to get used this but this is the plan due to working full time during the day and killing it after hours for my internet business. After I retired from Engineering I’ve since been able to get about 7hrs a night now (gotta wake up to make the kids breakfast)
24) I’ve fainted before. wait. I’ve fainted a couple times. 1 time while taking a leak. Dr said it was a virus. Also fainted on 6th street in front of a jazz club. Woke up and people were all around me. I blame it on bud ice which is no longer sold (it’s the devil beer)
25) I sleep walk because of sleep apnea I think as I’ll be digging behind a desk and jessica will tell me to go to sleep. Or I’ll be seeing things like ally floating away on a balloon so I’ll jump on my bed to drag her down. Yet, I can sleep anywhere. I believe it’s due to just me having a 5 hr per night nap.
So if you’re wondering… Yes. I’m a weird and quirky person but I’m real. As real as it gets online. This is my life and this is how I built my business. No fluff and to the point.
Learn more about marketing in my 10 video series on how I built and what I learned along the way from working as an affiliate internet marketing online –>> Click Here To Learn From My 10 Videos On Marketing
Engineering Your Success,
PS. Be sure to connect with me on Facebook and “Like my Page” so you can get my updates on Facebook.