Fat Women Can Let Their Inner Skinny Women Out!!
You know who I'm taking about. The skinny woman who dances, runs with her kids, and doesn't mind having her photo taken. She's in there. She's just shy and needs a little coaxing to come out.
You can't force her out. If you try, you'll scare the heck out of her and she won't come back! Learn to love your skinny woman and she'll stick around!
You see, there are several ways to lose weight, but only one way to lose weight and keep it off. That way is by loving your skinny woman.
Fat Women, Skinny Woman – Why Crash Diets Don't Work
Let's get down to the meat and potatoes. We don't have food shortages where we live. We're fortunate to have things like grocery stores and restaurants at our disposal. Our ancestors didn't have this luxury. Their bodies evolved a neat little mechanism that slowed their metabolism down if their daily calorie intake plunged below 1,200 calories. Our bodies have retained this nifty little trick regardless of our current conveniences (and regardless of whether we like it or not.)
So basically, it goes like this: You go on a crash diet that allowed you, say, 600 calories per day. All is well for a day or so. Then you begin to feel mentally cloudy because you need at least 400 calories per day for your brain to operate at acceptable levels, let alone anything else your body might be doing. On top of that, we all know that if your brain isn't operating at optimum levels, neither is the rest of your body. You won't have any energy for work, chores, or studying. Caffeine will only make it worse, so don't even try it.
You know you can't live forever on cabbage and grapefruit, so you begin eating normally again; however, your evolutionary biology lesson has already taken over. Your metabolism has slowed from your sudden decrease in calorie intake, and you quickly regain the fat you may have lost. Not to mention the fact that your brain will begin craving fatty foods because it believes that you're starving!
The result? You just scared your skinny woman away by trying to force her out! Stop being mean to your skinny woman!
Fat Women, Skinny Woman – So How Do I Love My Skinny Woman?
I had an epiphany many years ago. Weight loss is about loving yourself. Crash diets show disdain and hatred for ourselves. If we mistreat our bodies, they will mistreat us in return. It's an endless cycle, but you can end it!
Fat women can show love to their skinny woman by making lifestyle changes that encourage their inner skinny woman to gain confidence! Don't fool yourself into thinking that you have to make yourself miserable to be skinny. It simply isn't true. If you lose weight by loving your skinny woman, you'll never be miserable. You'll feel better, look better, and live better.
Fat Women, Skinny Woman – How Do I Get Started?
While weight loss is an individual path for everyone, there are some universal tips that will help anyone on their journey.
1) Relax! – If you're stressing out about losing weight, you might just be working against yourself! If you're stressed about work, a relationship, or life in general, it might be a contributing factor to your difficulty losing weight!
When we're stressed, our bodies produce cortisol, a stress hormone. Cortisol can slow your metabolism, causing your to gain more weight than your normally would from the same diet. Not only does it slow your metabolism, but it's responsible for increased fat storage. It get's worse! (Is that even possible?) It can even affect WHERE we tend to store fat? Weight gain from stress can cause us to store fat in the abdominal area. This is not only less pleasing to our eyes, but it's also linked to a plethora of other health problems.
In addition to the things we don't see going on inside when we're stressed, what about the things we can see on the outside? When we're stressed, we tend to be emotional eaters, we tend to take the easy way out when it comes to preparing meals (even stooping as low as fast food,) and we tend to avoid exercising.
Your inner skinny woman deserves better!
2) Drink Water! – I could write all night about the benefits of drinking enough water. As contradictory as it sounds, by drinking more water, you'll retain less water. Your skin will look nicer and your “fatty” areas will look less lumpy. Water is a necessity when it comes to all bodily function, including metabolism! Best of all, the more water you drink, the less hungry you'll be!
3) Stop Wasting Your Calories on Liquids! – Did you know that the soda you just drank is worth an entire meal of calories? Most people can lose significant weight simply by completely removing things like soda and high-sugar fruit juices from their diet. Slowly ween yourself off of “the hard stuff” and move onto healthier things like water and herbal teas. One of my favorite things to drink is water with a lemon wedge squeezed into it and a dash of Stevia for sweetness. Stevia is an excellent sweetener. It's completely natural, high in fiber (which helps you feel fuller longer,) and significantly sweeter than sugar! It's also doesn't have that terrible after taste like chemical sweeteners.
4) Sleep! – Your body needs sleep in order to repair itself from each day. I'm just going to put this short and sweet: If you're not getting enough sleep, you're doing a severe injustice to your inner skinny woman. She needs her beauty rest! Not to mention, people who don't get enough sleep are hungrier during the day.
5) Incorporate Physical Activity into Your Daily Lifestyle! – Most of us can't (or don't want to) spend 2 hours in the gym every night. Fortunately, weight loss doesn't necessarily require that! Simply start with some trade-offs. Trade that extra half-hour of internet surfing for a walk around your neighborhood. Trade that television time for a little yard work. Don't think of it as a chore. Go into it knowing that it's going to make you feel better physically and mentally.
Remember, all fat women have a skinny woman on the inside, and your skinny woman needs some encouragement if she's going to come out to stay! Encourage her by showing her love, not hate!
Wanna learn where you can be accepted as a human being…. be it fat, skinny, broke, or rich?
Join our group of home business owners who buck the trend of what is acceptable in our society…. being healthy, wealthy, AND happy….